View Single Post
Old 25 Oct 2006, 21:42 (Ref:1749413)   #226
Chris Hobson
Veteran

Chris Hobson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can I just take some time to bring our debate back to the subject (and perhaps to calm things down a wee bit)?

Facts:-

• George and I made a presentation in February to highlight the present situation in marshalling.
• As a result the MSA decided to appoint a rep to Council - not one of us, but an existing Council member.
• The MSA is to debate the setting up of subcommittees under the Training Steering Group, constitution still to be decided.
• No decisions will be made until after February 2007 Motor Sports Council meeting.
• From the posts on this thread opinion is very much divided as to the way forward and whether or not the MSA appointed rep will actually represent marshals.

As Chairman of the Marshals Club I am obviously disappointed that the MSA did not consider me or George to be a suitable representative – and I intend to continue pursuing the MSA to ensure we really do get representation. But what I do not want is to see marshal set against marshal. We may have differing opinions, but we are all volunteers who enjoy our hobby. We are members of differing clubs, we marshal differing forms of motorsport, but we must stick together.

So where do we go from here?

Can I make the following suggestion?

• Make your feelings known to your club’s committees – no matter which club(s) you belong to.
• Let them know what you want ensure you enjoy your marshalling and what needs fixing.
• Ask them to put your comments to Nicky Moffitt – and give you feedback on the response they get.
• Pursue your club rep and let me know if you get resolution and let me know if you do not. Please!
• Treat me in the same way – feed me what you want and let me try to get resolution.
• I promise to feedback the results to you.

Please trust that all George and I want is to ensure marshals are truly represented by marshals, no matter who that representative may be.

We can only move forward if the MSA see us as a strong, united body – one that has a positive contribution to make to the sport – the more we slag each other off, the less attention they will pay to us.

I know this sounds hard, but can we bring this thread to a conclusion?

Chris Hobson
National Chairman BMMC