Thread: Birkett
View Single Post
Old 29 Oct 2006, 20:56 (Ref:1753006)   #7
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
...theres always something to watch and something going on!
If it looked like that from trackside, then believe me it looked like that in spades from on the track! Was my first Birkett and from the point of view of pure fun, it was absolutely one of the best races I've ever had. To say the on track action was hectic is a complete understatement. If you've ever tried a driving video game where you can dive up the inside of two or three cars into a corner, then overtake one on the exit, then that'll give you just some idea of what it was like.

I have to say though, that the most outstanding part of the whole experience was the incredibly high standards of the event. Everything was run superbly, the officials I delt with were polite, efficient and friendly. The marshalls and flag signalling were superb. And, most of all, in my time on the track, without exception, every single other driver behaved impeccably. I did not get balked, cut up, squeezed wide or anything. This while passing something like half a dozen cars per lap and being passed once or twice at the same time. That's not to say there weren't a few botty clenching moments... but mostly that was when I'd misjudged closing speeds into a corner, or had to jump out of the way of a faster car while trying to overtake someone. Brilliant fun! Well done everyone who was involved.

Ken