Thread: New Bus Stop
View Single Post
Old 30 Oct 2006, 22:37 (Ref:1753933)   #32
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Do you need run off there? COnsidering the attitude of the cars and the speed of the cars at that point? In addition there was no run off there before and it was quicker.

I also think that the cars that are pitting will be able peel off without hindering those staying on track (a bit like in Malaysia, although not quite as good).
I agree that the second part of the bus stop had no run off, but in latter years it was little more than a kink, this one appears to have potential for interlocked tyres on open wheelers, and side-by-side "love taps" in enclosed cars. Both scenarios require at best space to recover, and at worst somewhere soft to land.

Had the pit entry been shown on the outside of the second part of the chicane I would agree, but it appears to be actually between the two apexes, meaning that a car entering the pits is going to have a much slower apex speed as it will have to hold a tighter exit from the first apex.
If the driver of a car behind doesn't realise what's happening and squirts the throttle, he'll launch straight over the top of the pitting car.