Thread: Birkett
View Single Post
Old 1 Nov 2006, 23:25 (Ref:1755763)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think the driving standards were astonishingly good, with just one car (out of 300ish?) that I felt needed extra attention with the blues. I won't embarras him by identifying which, but a several of times he moved out of the way of one car by moving into the way of another. It's not that he was that bad, just that compared to everyone else it stood out.

I first flagged the Birkett two years ago having been persuaded to go despite my better (I thought) judgement - I really couldn't see the point. Having been to one, though, my perceptions changed and it is now virtually the first event I tick on the calendar. I had to miss last year's due to a holiday, but I very much doubt I'll miss another. Thanks all for the entertainment. I've never known 6 hours pass so fleetingly, especially the half-hours on blue which always seemed to end too soon.