View Single Post
Old 16 Jun 2000, 21:25 (Ref:17647)   #6
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi! New to the board.

Anyway. I think that it could be good idea for Button to travel to the US. I have been watching the CART series closely and it's perfect for a young driver to improove his driving skills mainly because all teams have more or less the same chasis, engine, tyres, etc. and therefore it's driving ability what counts. It worked fine for Montoya.

However i don't think that people will be expecting button to perform like Montoya...In fact, I don't think that anyone would expect to see a performance like that one ever again...let's not forget that he broke every rookie record including those stablished by Nigel Mansell in 93.

I would guess If Jenson travels to the US he would go on a 3 year deal just like Juan but Chip would only be expecting the first championship to come no sooner than in his second season...after all this was the plan with montoya but he made his homework too soon.

The only real risk I see is the Toyota engines which have given Juan a hedache this season but that only adds up to the challenge.