Thread: Kincraft
View Single Post
Old 28 Jun 2002, 00:33 (Ref:1780722)   #10
tonyabacus
Rookie

tonyabacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Andrew,

I had contact with a chap called Edgington in about 1995 in Teignmouth Devon who supposedly had this car stored away.He claimed to have had the car for a number of years following a divorce and an interest from the Inland Revenue. It seems he had sold up a business in the Midlands and took the car down south and hidden it away. I got on to it through a small ad in the local free paper for some wheels and other bits and bobs. When I got to his place it was a small old boatyard with a very early TVR, Midget and Mustang sat around. The wheels turned out to be early F1 Brabham which I purchased. He also had a lot of other stuff in an old net loft which included American V8 parts.
He claimed to have raced this car earlier in its life and had also raced other big bangers and big saloons.
Despite my efforts I could not get him to part with the Kincraft or indeed get to see it, although I kept contact for a long time afterwards.

Last year(2001) I put Spencer Elton on the trail and he found out that Mr Edginton had not been around for a little while and was told that the Kincraft had been sold.

I hope this may be of value, I know he told me quite a bit when I met him but it is difficult to recall it all after this length of time.

Last edited by John Turner; 3 Dec 2006 at 10:20. Reason: Chassis Archive edit!