Thread: LM24 Le Mans 2007
View Single Post
Old 12 Dec 2006, 10:01 (Ref:1788779)   #171
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
If I was 17 again in 2007

then my plan for Le Mans next year would look something like this...

Drive from (wherever in the UK) to Brands Hatch for the DTM on Fri/Sat/Sun. Camp or doss in the car (remember I'm supposed to be 17 again).

Monday head down to Ashford international station cos I can't drive in France. Leave the car in the long term car park (tenner a day).
Take the TGV to Paris and then on to Le Mans.
Wander around the station, try to find somebody that speaks English to sus out the bus system. Or just wander out of the station and believe that it'll all be blindingly obvious.

Bus it up to the circuit or maybe first find a supermarket to buy as much beer as I'm physically able to carry (OK at 17, I'd buy the beer, everything else is secondary). Get tent up before too much beer is drunk, no wait, drink lots of beer and to remember how tent is put up.

Tuesday try and remember how to get down to town for scrutineering (a bit overrated but it's got to be done) drink beer and then get back, somehow.

Wednesday,Thursday, Saturday,Sunday. (Friday may or may not exist, opinions vary)
Then drink/sleep/get sunburnt/watch cars/get mugged/be sick (sequence may vary). Survive by eating merguez & frites. Find the bus to Arnage, plan to walk from Arnage to Mulsanne corner viewing area.
[go off plan]Get lost. Get really lost by taking shortcut across field. Get scared. Drink Beer. Get "rescued" by a drunken bunch of random blokes that are also lost & become yer best mates.[/off plan]

Return home and tell tales of the great adventure.
Make plans for 08.

Seriously tho' (as has been proven many times) the way to get the best out of your first visit to Le Mans is to go with someone that knows what they're doing or at least has been there before.
(DJ, I realise that at 17 you might find it hard to believe that others do know better, but)