View Single Post
Old 28 Dec 2006, 15:03 (Ref:1800585)   #15
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
well standard rubber could mean list 1a but rather than do that the plan is just to have a quick look at the rubber and say - is that designed for doris going down the shops or not. So if you have non listed tyres like Nankang or other cheapie things (like I think you have on your Ka) its ok. But competition tyres of any sort are out, the tyres should also be in road legal condition.

Having very strict rules defining what is and isn't standard can mean it takes more time and money to make your car standard than to prep it for competition. And it is as you say difficult to police. However this is a different way of operating meaning that the inspection of the cars will be brief and pretty straightforward. Thing in the past have taken a lot of policing due to the way the regs are and its quite rare to have the rules enforced by the rule makers.

However this way of working has margins, as I say if a car is modded for competition it will show up - if its primary purpose is road use then that will also be evident.

Lets me reiterate the number 1 factor - this is for cars up to 1400cc in standard trim. There is an allowance for cars that have moved away from showroom spec over the years. I think if there ever are printed regs for this then they will likely say something like - any vehicle deemed not to be in the spirit of the 1400cc challenge will not be elegible.

Last edited by ss_collins; 28 Dec 2006 at 15:11.