View Single Post
Old 6 Jan 2007, 05:08 (Ref:1807943)   #16
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewymonster
I agree, even though it looks like IMSA wants all cars to be within a second of each other (which has potential to make for some great racing) it will be hard to justify spending money for factory teams as it is very much possible that race victories will be just taken away from you. Of course I am sure in the end the quicker car will win the championship, there will be time period when your car is likely to lose a race because of the adjustments. And the potential adjustments can make a car very much slower.
I'm not sure why you've come to this conclusion. While the adjustments to GT1 were ridiculous last year, there was a specific reason for them. With Pirelli out of the picture, I think you'll find a pretty close, straight up fight for the year.

Any of the other adjustments had no real bearings on other race results.

The type of adjustments have been regulated, and I doubt you will see much movement in any of the classes this year.