View Single Post
Old 7 Jan 2007, 16:42 (Ref:1808896)   #56
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue dude
We were in the Rescue Unit with the engine running puzzling at why we weren't being called because we knew where he'd lost it and heard the bang.

Good work by all, especially after seeing the video.
We were on the post where Graham actually stopped and trust me.........

we were even more surprised than you guys on rescue that we didn't have to call you!

Myself as I/O had:
a Chief Marshal running away to think about "Helicopters, Ambulances etc" (his words)
an experienced marshal shouting in my ear "Oh ****, Oh ****,Oh ****,"
other marshals grabbing bottles whilst still wondering just where this accident is going to finish;
and Me, trying my best to let the training/experience kick-in and "let it finish" before calling whilst wanting to be somewhere (anywhere) else!!!

The video unfortunately does not truly show just what so many people saw on the day but it does show one very important point.
EVERY SINGLE marshal on-post (except the I/O) takes a bottle to what seems like a simple spin. All you experienced marshals (no offence to others reading this) will fully understand just what type of incident can cause this type of response. Trust me, it looked a damn sight bigger from our view point than the video shows.
Either way though, we are all glad that Graham walked away from it.

for those of you who were not there or do not know Shelsley........

We on post could see the other side of the Teme valley under Graham's car as he is doing in excess of 120 mph on a track that is about 12 feet wide with a 2ft bank at the side. Talk about scarey!!!!!

Last edited by Woolley; 7 Jan 2007 at 18:52.