Thread: Datalogging
View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 2007, 12:47 (Ref:1812284)   #54
youngoldy
Racer

United Kingdom
Somewhereorotherville
youngoldy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by james s
Why not have a look at the new Farringdon FD20 Logger at the Autosport Show. It seems to me, although I am biased, that it is very good value for money.
I wouldn't say you should be biased, by the sounds of it, Farringdon is the only type of Data logging peice of kit you have used, or have looked into 9more than any other that is)

I have used Xsport, and recently started using the Race Technology DL1 logger. Pretty compact, and is pretty easy to install. We have considered swapping it from the car it is usually nstalled into and putting in one of our 04 VD's. This will help the driver who usually uses the DL1 where his team mate is taking different lines, and/or if that line is quicker. Very easy to sawp.

Just connect up to battery, wire in GPS sesnor and away you go. Make sure it is perfectly )horizontally and vertically), make sure yu are getting GPS lock, and away you go.

I like the idea of having a putting an OBC on the car, but a negative i if you have it on for a race, you will want it near full screen to see everything well.

When looking at the data, having a line trace for each lap around each corner is something we don't have with our Pi system, and is a shame. If we could combine the easy installation and workingness of the DL1, mixed with the Pi Xsport, it would be a fantastic bit of kit. In the meantime, we will have to wait.

Of the two, I really can't decide which I like better. With the hardware side, they are on parr. With software, Pi is a little eahead, but that is because I have had a limited time with the DL1. But I know there is more for me to find with the DL1 software and play with.