Old 11 Jan 2007, 21:02 (Ref:1812682)   #30
Snips1
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Snips1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Some unfair comments to say the least and no dis respect to anyone especially climb but I don't agree with you're saying mate...

We all thoughT the IRL would struggle to field 13 cars, a bit unfair as by March yet again they would probably find 17 or along those lines. But they are being filled up with un talented drivers. Midiscure to say the least.
And as pointed out, to say everything is all rosey and Champ Car has loads of problems maybe you should look at your own...

The difference Champ Car is attracting big names. Many from Europe. Many GP2 drivers, F3 etc. Even ex F1 team Minardi have made the plunge and Paul said on Autosport it wouldn't be impossible for another f1 team and not as unlikely as it may seem to some.

Champ Car has many new teams, look at what the difference the new car has made, there should be for the first time in a long time, consistently ever 20 cars. The building blocks since 2004 are now starting to show.

Champ Car has only one star team? You'll see many new teams and stars born this year with the more competitive chassis with less adjustments allowed. Some great and good talent from Europe, just look at the names this year in Champ Car from the front to the back of the field. Do the same with the IRL, then you'll see what I'm talking about.

The IRL has four big teams? They are good teams but they are all running old Honda engines as is the whole field. And old Dallaras...Lets not forget they are all ex Champ Car teams (which defines the original point of the IRL IMHO) before they fled for the money etc..And as mentioned they will stay in the IRL.

CC has many new teams??? Hmmm
Star drivers? That's depends on the definition on star drivers, Verstappen might be a big name in Holland and therefore quite important for CC but he's a no namer in the US and therfore not tjat important for the IRL since they are more focusing on the US market where CC tries to concentrate on the international market.

I don't see why the new car is such a good thing, yesy they needed it, but so far they have only sold 35 of them which is a bit concerning I would think.

The IRL top teams are running old cars? What does the car has to do with the quality of the team?