View Single Post
Old 12 Jan 2007, 22:05 (Ref:1813662)   #24
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I may be the only one, but this makes me happy. I hate rotaries. All they do well is make that terrible noise. It's the funniest thing the first time you hear that shriek in the distance and you're just positive that you are about to see something so fierce that you won't be able to comprehend it. After several seconds you start to wonder where this ferocious piece of machinery is...and finally it goes past screaming at what must be 30,000 RPM and you can't wait for it to go away because you fear for your ears, but it seems like it will never make it past you because it is visually going so slow. It sounds like it's going 1000mph but it's going 100. And yes your initial thought was true. You can't comprehend it. It's impossible to comprehend how something can make that much noise and go that slow. Sorry for the fans of it though. And it is cool that the rules allow for variety and at least a little innovation.