View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2007, 20:19 (Ref:1827372)   #140
Alex Toropov
Racer

Alex Toropov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighton Irwin
I believe IRL have approved chassis manufacturers being Dallara and Panoz. It is just that everyone is using Dallara. G Force also used to be approved.
Maybe, you are referring to Falcon?
If my memory serves me good, Panoz chassis is rebadged/reconstructed G Force one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighton Irwin
Unless things have changed tubs need to be replaced fairly regularly. Older tubs go to show cars or to the smaller teams that appear only at Indy. Carbon fibre probably lasts longer but tubs sooner or later become flexi flyers.
Wealthier teams will replace tubs and other components more often.
There was an article on Champ Car website about Lolas, which said, that only 8 cars were produced in 3 years (2003-05) and instead of changing tubs teams were just sending them to Lola Cars to repair...

"The most damage that gets done to the tubs is under the bottom at the front from running over the curbs," Duff says. "It's the sort of thing where you usually just keep going. We take care of it and at the end of the year we have to do some more work to get it ready for the following year. The honeycomb around the pedals tends to wear away. We send them back to Lola and they put in a new front section of floor."

must be the same in IRL, I reckon