View Single Post
Old 13 Feb 2007, 09:24 (Ref:1840187)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
not necessarily. it might be an important issue, but the survey seems to give the impression that it's the *only* issue. for example, what about those who have families and don't want to give up their time with their kids? or what about the risk? it might be minute, but there are people out there who find it too big a barrier.
Surely if you thinks its too dangerous or you don't have time you aren't actually looking at the sport anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
i don't really see the point in a survey that already has its conclusions drawn. if it's a true investigation into something, it should start from a clean sheet. what could possibly put people off from joining? all i see there is a stack of stereotypes.
Well, out of interest, what do you think would put people off joining in? Surely, cost, time, location, lack of publicity (in other words not being aware of the accessibility) are all relevant and not unnaturally would put many off.