View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 2007, 14:13 (Ref:1842176)   #133
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, I have been involved and read some pretty pointless and stupid threads, but this one takes it...but thanks Graham, I thought my countrymen musta been having a beer while the wars were going and those Yanks just came in and you know, slipped them $50 and asked them to stop...

And in a pointless attempt to get it back on track...

There are 4 basic groups of people...there are people who have no idea, people who know and hate, people and know and don't care and people who know and love...Audi and alternate power already has the last group...ALMS is a way to get to the other three (with a balanced communication campaign). They will withdraw when the ALMS and the publicity they get from having a bit of a whine is no longer worth the expense or when they go off in a different direction. For this reason, they will remain in the ALMS. Especially since they have the Intersport for competition this year and the possible Acura for competition in the next few...They are there to try and change the attitudes of those who don't think that diesel is worthwhile source of fuel...A few years ago who woulda thought that the Toyota Prius woulda worked but now Hybrid systems is this summers fashion statement and really changed the course of engine development...Audi are in the ALMS to do that with their brand of diesel and until they do, the ALMS programme will remain...