View Single Post
Old 19 Feb 2007, 22:12 (Ref:1845859)   #42
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayFF
Thanks for that I want to continue to run my own car(s) (FFZetec & FF1600) so this is not the way to go.

Assume the 1700 FF chassis type cars are much cheaper but in decline? What are engines tyres and parts like on these I know what Mygale parts cost! And tyre bill to run in FFZetec was mad.

Was thinking may be about BARC Classic (pre84?) FF2000 in 2008. But racing a new Ray FF1600 does seem like going back to the dark ages!

Just to put some balance on this, it is quite possible to run a carbon car as an independent. Sure the car's more expensive to buy and the engine would be more expensive than an older 8V, but, after running both types of car over the past two years, my experience is that, other than capital costs the cost of tyres, entries and testing is more significant than any other area and they're the same for both classes.

We run our car from our house garage, where it's just completing a winter rebuild and we're only 1/2 an hour from where you seem to be so if you want to see how it's done you're welcome.

One thing is that used carbon cars are hard to find, several are being looked for now, so it would be easier to get hold of a spaceframe car