View Single Post
Old 6 Mar 2007, 09:34 (Ref:1859627)   #6
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the above post is very true......be very careful.......many unis find it easier to attract students by converting their mechanical degrees to motorsports degrees......but the only change being the name!......Oxford Brookes and Hertfordshire are excellent reccomendations........I did 4 years at Hertfordshire with the 3rd year in industry, and it was the best thing I ever did, I spent 3 years in the motorsports industry after that and had a great time, last 4 years I have been doing road car stuff.

having a degree really helps you get employed in any form of engineering. I recently got told by my current client my contract would not be renewed in 3 months time due to a real downturn in work.......within 36 hours I had found a new job......apologies for the trumpet blowing

I would advise you do what I did, with the 3rd year in industry, then you come back for your finals........known as a "sandwich degree"

if you are crapping yourself at the prospect (cost) of university....as its real expensive nowdays.......go the motorsport mechanic route, as you will have more hands on experience with the cars, and just as much fun.