View Single Post
Old 21 Jun 2000, 23:44 (Ref:18622)   #5
Dannyboy
Rookie

Dannyboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Ron's reaction was in part due to Autosport's article on JV last week (this week in North America). Anyway the article took a pretty nice shot at Ron Dennis's image. Apparently, at the Japanese GP some time ago after Senna's championship Ron his wife and Senna were at the famous log cabin bar at Suzuka. A young Jacques was there as a guest of Pollock's. Anyway Ron saw JV quietly sitting in the corner and rudely told him that he did not belong at the bar b/c he had nothing to do with F1 and told him he was not welcome there. Jacques never forgot this unwarranted dressing down and after Hill had one the championship in 96 JV walked over to Ron in the very same bar and told him: f*** you. I am in F1 now and I will stay here. Now Dennis probably didn't want this little debacle to ever reach the press and was undoubtedly upset when he saw it in autosport last week.

I agree though that Dennis was undoubtedly frustrated by another poor showing from his team and drivers. His comments were wholly unjustified and pretty mysterious actually.

**Damn you Fatbloke for making me write all of that**