View Single Post
Old 6 Apr 2007, 07:54 (Ref:1884704)   #23
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev
To be honest, if I was an aspiring driver I'd rather spend a year in WSR than racing for BCN. The teams in WSR are much more equal, and he'd have a good chance of getting a driver at least capable of podiums, maybe even a win. Racing for BCN, Schumacher would probably struggle to make an impact.
I know what you're saying but I'm not so sure Sev. FR 3.5 is an excellent series and potentially good for sponsors but is such a lottery. There's perhaps more chance of pulling off the odd good result at BCN in his first season in GP2 rather than running the risk of getting bogged down in FR3.5. I mean look at Kane, Hanley, Kerr and McIntosh -all half decent pedallers who struggled to regularly get good results last year, only Hanley's survived by the looks of it?

With GP2 it's unlikely that talents will be left struggling in teams not performing.