View Single Post
Old 12 Apr 2007, 18:32 (Ref:1889923)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan
According to this schedule I just came across the race from Texas will indeed be carried live via NASCAR.com. If that schedule is accurate - which it should be - we have no less than 25 live webcasts, Texas included, to look forward to during the rest of the year

As for your second question I honestly have no idea, but if I were to make a guess I'd say it's part of a marketing plan to bring attention to ESPN2 (which carries a majority of the Busch races this season).

I'm not sure how widely available ESPN2 is in the US, but perhaps it's slightly similar to Eurosport and Eurosport 2, where Eurosport - at least here in Sweden - is widely available as part of basic cable packages etc while Eurosport 2 requires a subscription package of some sort.
Thanks for the link.

So all Busch races will have a live stream except for the races covered by ABC. The first 3 races of the season had a live stream, then there were 3 races covered by ABC which had no live stream. Last week ESPN2 took over the coverage and the live stream returned.

I think your comparison with Eurosport/Eurosport 2 is a good one. In Holland Eurosport 2 is only available if you subscribe to digital TV or satellite TV.