View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2007, 00:33 (Ref:1890796)   #22
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
You are correct, when the ACO boys wrote the rules, they made sure the rules were tilted in favour of certain concerns, so said same concerns would come and play.

.The ACO is little different fromt the others, the diesel is what it is ONLY, because new contrived rules were written to make it competitive, or actually give it an edge.
It is worse than dummying all down to the lowest common denominator, it is lowering all except the chosen ones, down to less than a common denominator.

The variety in the GT classses is nice, but then the FIA is heads and tails better than the ACO, at their own ballgame; although give the FIA some time , they can grab defeat from the jaws of victory in a heartbeat, but until then they got their act together.

It seems the market for rose colored glasses is booming.
Seeing as the FIA adopted ACO GT regs, and have have screwed up every sportscar series they've ever controled, I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion they are supperior to the ACO.

We are about to enter, IMO, a golden era in Le Mans sportscar racing, I envisage this era will be every bit as good as Group C, with the added benefit of being relevant to road car technology.

I don't know who's wearing the rose coloured glasses, sportscar racing was pretty crappy for much of the seventies and 90's, other than the flash in the pan GT1's.

The quality of teams and manufactuers, in both national and international sportscar racing, has never been higher.

The one series that is having issues, the ALMS, happens to be the one that has viered from the tried and tested ACO formula.