View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2007, 18:41 (Ref:1891272)   #54
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist
And then the GT1s eat the LMP2s alive half the time, and no one will be interested in the class, Ger. Remember, the GT1s have 650-700hp, so even though they weight more, there have been isolated cases where they have had more top-end than LMP1s even (Road America 2002 comes to mind).

DJ, they're asking where a team like Pescarolo would go if the rules were written to make LMP2 explicitly for privateers and LMP1 specifically for manufacturers.
kk, i think i just got the wrong end of the stick with that one before, do the GT1 cars really have that much power?, i thought they at most had 620/630bhp at the absolute maximum.

if the rules were explicitly written for LMP1 for big teams and LMP2 for the privateers then LMP1 would go under, we would only have audi and peugeot, porsche have said they refuse to go LMP1 until the ACO even out the restrictor rules on diesels to make them even with petrol cars.

but honda/acura are going LMP1 in the next few years, which leaves me wondering, will honda/acura run in LMP1 as a works team and sell the courage based ARX01a's as privateer cars next year or in 2009?

atm LMP2 is damn good, the cars are fantastic and they look awesome on track especially the lola B05/40's and with the radical SR9's and courage LC75 and of course, my favorite car for this year the zytek 07S in the mix its going to be a cracker.

LMP1 is in the best shape its been in for years although if the ACO evened things out between diesel and petrol, we could very likely have porsche in LMP1 and soon we will very likely have honda acura in LMP1 as well.

my motto, dont fix it if it aint broken, this is my favorite year of sportscars so far, my 2 favorite drivers (hayanri shimoda and tom chilton) are racing again which is great, not just that my favorite team arena are racing as well, AND, we have 2 zytek 07S and a heap of other great cars, personally im ecstatic about this year and i cant wait for LM!