View Single Post
Old 1 May 2007, 12:26 (Ref:1904169)   #41
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Don't know if it helps but attached is pic of the no 35 (Brundle's) taken in it's actual competitive season at Thruxton, Easter Monday 1984. Looks like it's either having it's off side rear wheel fettled or some other prep work.

The other pic is the sister car no 34 which was driven by Watts in 1984. Steve Soper gave it a one off outing at Silverstone in the opening round of 1985 and qualified on the front row I think??!! However it skated off the circuit on the opening lap thanks to some over enthusiastic efforts at wrestling the lead from Frank Sytner's bigger 635!! In this image it is parked in the paddock prior to the race.

I often wondered why it was entered and why Soperman was the driver, were ARG keeping a watching brief or more likely was it an effort to sell the car on?
Attached Thumbnails
Metro Turbo Thruxton Easter 84.jpg   Soper Silverstone March 1985.jpg  

Last edited by chunterer; 1 May 2007 at 13:15.