View Single Post
Old 5 May 2007, 05:12 (Ref:1906933)   #22
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Oklahoma is not in the South; Texas is closer, but not like Louisiana or the other states in the Southeast.

I don't really count the rovals, and most of the others are just club circuits. Texas only has three active, permanent courses I am aware of: Texas Motor Speedway, Texas World Speedway, and Motorsports Ranch Houston. Rattlesnake Raceway and Dallas International Raceway are both defunct, and the Houston Superspeedway proposal was canned. The only major permanent, natural-terrain road courses in the South are Virginia International Raceway, Road Atlanta, and Sebring. Summit Point has fallen into obscurity, and only hosted the GTs back during IMSA GTP. I don't believe Roebling Road Course is allowed to have spectator events. Finally, Barber was really just designed as a club circuit and bike track.