View Single Post
Old 5 May 2007, 22:43 (Ref:1907367)   #8
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
While I'm as anti the current diesel bias as anyone else at the moment I really don't think there's any ground to see the sky falling.

In that light disaster would have been last year, with Audi running away with it uttery comprehensively. This year you've a pair if quick Peugeots to keep them honest, and some good petrol LMP1 entries which, if not contendors for victory, should at least keep them honest.

My reading of the situation (and call me a pollyanna if you like) is that the regs for 2008 and beyond will be steadily equalised if, for no other reason, than Honda's stated aspiration to race at Le Mans. The ACO are not fools, they've played the diesel game to get/keep Audi and Peugot aboard, but in the face of Honda, and any other manufacturers (my money's still on a Pescarolo Porsche) I can see the regs changingest.

The sky's looked like falling before. It has got a lot closer before. We're not there yet and if we all keep our heads nobody needs to be chicken little here. Let's enjoy what we've got while we have it...