View Single Post
Old 7 May 2007, 18:13 (Ref:1908447)   #64
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satorian
Yes, those things have already been said here. But could you please explain the first sentence of your previous post?

What is this based on?
This will get you stated. Lots of reading, when you go though it all ( lots of cool pictures too) one sees that the Ferrari backed 575GT-C did not fair as well as the ProDrive and Care 550s.

Links to Info
Success of the ProDrive and Car Racing 550s

No Ferrari and Lamborghini race cars

No 599 GTC?

And a post from a freind of mine back in Nov 06

Quote:
I emailed Risi Competizione as to when and will Ferrari and Michelotto make a new Ferrari 599 GTC racecar?

Donald Pierce of Risi Competizione emailed me today and said the following:

There are no plans for a 599GTB race car by Ferrari. Michelotto, which is the division of Ferrari that produces Corse Clienti (Client Racing) cars would be the company to produce it, under Ferrari's department supervision.

At this stage, however, there are no plans for a 599GTB. GT1 is an order of magnitude more expensive to race than GT2, with budgets for two cars in the $7.0 to $10.0 million range.
The new Ferrari 599 GTB is one heck of a car, and YES we would all love to see it race in the GT1 classes, but not likely.

Last edited by AU N EGL; 7 May 2007 at 18:20.