Thread: Early Pole Day
View Single Post
Old 12 May 2007, 23:21 (Ref:1911958)   #7
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No big surprises: the Penskes, the Ganassis, and all five of the Andretti-Greens found their way into the top 11. Tomas Scheckter is always fast when he's not wrecking the car; 10th is just about where I'd expect him to be. I didn't see Ryan Briscoe's qualifying attempt, but if he's starting 7th, I wish I did, because it must have been impressive. I'm a little shocked not to see Vitor Meira in the top 11, but with the rest of the big boys out of the picture he should be the fastest tomorrow.

I'm a little miffed by my local TV coverage. There have been thunderstorms scattered throughout the Atlanta area, and every cut to a severe weather alert seemed to coincide with a qualifying attempt. The worst was when Sam Hornish went out for the second time. Sam had a fast opening lap, then the coverage cut away. The meteorologist lost his breath while trying to explain to explain the bombardment of 3D radar maps being thrown on the green-screen while the director must have been screaming in his earpiece to analyse the images he couldn't see behind him as fast as possible so the channel could return to the national feed before the end of Hornish's run. They made it just barely: once the station identification card wiped out, Sam was yards from the finish line.