Thread: Early Pole Day
View Single Post
Old 13 May 2007, 01:06 (Ref:1911982)   #11
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I was actually entertained by the process. A lot of strategy, smoke and mirrors and just plain psych jobs going on. Those covers over the sideview mirrors Penske had going were priceless! Floyd was probably ordering his X-Ray Vision glasses from the Bazooka bubblegum wrapper just to see what they were covering!

Seriously, Penske's interview was a hoot as he deadpanned away saying: "somehow we all get caught up in it (going for Pole)" and I thought he was going to kill Arute on the spot for reminding him of the '95 debacle...and Danica looked like she was ready to spit because the gun went off before she got out of the line an onto the track.

Tension, some drama and some terrific pressure drives! Good stuff today!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.