View Single Post
Old 26 May 2007, 08:38 (Ref:1921399)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Top Hat Goodwood Sprint now a Test Day/Masters Issues?

Saturday 9th June was to be a Top Hat Sprint for around 36 cars. It seems that very few wanted to take advantage of this offer so now it is an open test day for any Masters/Top Hat car and drivers who wish to enter.

The reason I'm posting this is because I know some of the more (let's say) influential Historic Racers/Preparers are very keen on the Masters/Top Hat format and also very supportive.

Is there a groundswell of dissatisfaction in some of the drivers who for whatever reason don't want to join in with Masters this year?

I know we've had the money argument already but for what its worth, the fees don't stack up too badly against the 10 lap sprint race fees being charged this year. And I believe only the CSCC can offer something close to equivalent track time for less money.

So, what exactly is going on here? Am I reading too much into this?

For my part I hope the events will continue because I like to race on the best circuits in the UK and Europe (employment permitting of course), but things like this are of concern.