View Single Post
Old 29 May 2007, 11:43 (Ref:1923687)   #12
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Goodwood day clashes with the HSCC 3 hour race at Snetterton which I and a few others have chosen over the Goodwood event.

On mechanics in the hospitality tent, we were all given wrist bands and it didn't matter if a mechanic, driver or whoever had them on, they were allowed in the tent. No wrist band, no access. My mechanics ate and drank in there (with me) happily all weekend so there is certainly no prejudice against mechanics. They only have a limited amount of space (but the new trailer and marquee setup is awesome) and they have to draw the line somewhere. When you see the size of some of the crews its no wonder they can't have everyone in or no drivers would ever get a seat, food or drink.

I heard a number of people say things like "the hospitality tent is why we pay our Masters fees and is money very well spent" and when there is vertical rain outside and a nice tent with good food, drink etc I have to agree.

Roger