View Single Post
Old 29 May 2007, 12:19 (Ref:1923715)   #15
daj
Racer

daj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills
The Goodwood day clashes with the HSCC 3 hour race at Snetterton which I and a few others have chosen over the Goodwood event.

On mechanics in the hospitality tent, we were all given wrist bands and it didn't matter if a mechanic, driver or whoever had them on, they were allowed in the tent. No wrist band, no access. My mechanics ate and drank in there (with me) happily all weekend so there is certainly no prejudice against mechanics. They only have a limited amount of space (but the new trailer and marquee setup is awesome) and they have to draw the line somewhere. When you see the size of some of the crews its no wonder they can't have everyone in or no drivers would ever get a seat, food or drink.

I heard a number of people say things like "the hospitality tent is why we pay our Masters fees and is money very well spent" and when there is vertical rain outside and a nice tent with good food, drink etc I have to agree.

Roger
Roger,

There was two of them who both had wristbands...It was the attitude that sucked.. I would also like to point out that I have recieved private messages over this with various issues with poor attitudes within the Masters including wives been shown up been demanded to show there bands etc.

"no prejudice against mechanics" Thats a fair comment from your point of view but when you are told " Mechanics are not welcome" from the great man himself I beg to differ what they are really wanting in there.

As for the awsome new marquee I wouldnt know...Some of us ( Top Hatters ) pay the same money but still get the tent that we didnt have to pay for in the past?!!?

daj