View Single Post
Old 29 May 2007, 17:28 (Ref:1923970)   #313
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
I've had a go at finding out more about the Portuguese Pedro Meireles car- I first found it mentioned on the forum at Ultimatecarpage.com, where a friend of the owner had posted the recent pics in a thread on famous touring cars. I posted a question about whether the owner knew anything about the car's history before it went to Portugal, and got an interesting reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McReis
I don't think the present owner knows much about the Rover's history before arriving to Portugal. Anyway, this is what I know: recently when he started the engine rebuild, and because the piston heads have a particular shape that you don't find on other tuned Rover engines, he had contact with Mr. Tom Walkinshaw to seek for some help. Mr. Walkinshaw had the non-enthusiast approach and told my friend he couldn't help him, but offered to buy him the car as it was, after knowing it's chassis number. This must mean the car has some interesting history.