View Single Post
Old 1 Jun 2007, 02:31 (Ref:1925843)   #31
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewolf
You left out on bit of info Fish - Arie was told to go to the winners circle by the chief Steward!!!!!!!!...

...Just because the Yarboroughs were jerks, when they had a disagreement post race doesn't make it right. The cowboy types are dead and gone and that's a good thing. I like well defined parameters and going through the proper channels when there's a disagreement after a race - There's nothing wrong with that --- it's called, being civilized.
Don't know about that. Regardless of the peripheral details, the Foyt-Luyendyk incident boils down two this: two parties both thought they had won, tempers flared, and some pushing and shoving went down. Luyendyk had a disagreement after the race, and the way he approached it (cursing his way to the winner's circle, even if he was provoked by the Chief Steward) was far from civilized. Foyt's reaction wasn't civilized, either, but I wouldn't chide either of them for how things played out. For all of your advocating of "being civilized," the same scenario plays out every Saturday night somewhere after a short track feature race. The people who have witnessed or even participated in the post-race brawls that are commonplace at the grassroots level are not going to look at that moment and say, "That A.J.'s making a real fool out of himself." They're going to say "That A.J., after all these years, is still like one of us."