View Single Post
Old 7 Jun 2007, 07:21 (Ref:1930953)   #91
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb
I'm sure you've heard this from others, I have only been to one full race, the event is really quite fascinating from many different angles, a real spectacle, but do make sure to have comfortable ear protection that fits your ears well and cuts the sound down well. Between the fans camping and the race itself, the constant loud noise (while scrumptious because of the different engine sounds) can be very tiring and wears you down after a full day (me anyway).

cheers
I agree you can have it available, but I have never worn ear protection anywhere, and certainly not at Le Mans. I agree it can become a little tiring - certainly by Sunday afternoon - but I'm already completely cream crackered by then anyway....

The only time I've ever been even slightly worried about my ears was back in 1985 at the GP of Europe when I was standing just down from Druids as the turbo cars got on the power to Graham Hill Bend - I could feel my ears beginning to complain - a bit like the taste buds do when they realise you're subjecting them to another vindaloo......

Seriously, I don't find the noise any worse at Le Mans than anywhere else. If you're near the Audi/Peugeot pits you might want to bring something to amplify the noise.......