Thread: Bourdais and F1
View Single Post
Old 19 Jun 2007, 10:01 (Ref:1941502)   #20
Roninho
Racer

Roninho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewolf
I just wonder why Sebass would want to go to a team who's cars are soooo slowww -- the only team that Toro Rosso beats on a consistent basis is Spyker. He can't carry that team into the points on his own. No driver can.
But that would not be the reason he'd go there. The only job he has to do is to beat either Liuzzi or Speed (or whoever his teammate is) both in qualifying and the races. If he does that he will get a shot with the better teams. That's the way how guys like Webber, Alonso, Fisicella, Trulli and Wilson got opportunities: They beat their minardi-teammate and got a better drive.

What i've been hearing for a year now is that Gerhard Berger and Red Bull own both half of Toro Rosso and both have to come up with $15 million each to run the team. Red bull has no problem doing that, but Gerhard has and that's why he was so interested in getting Doornbos and Senna a drive over Liuzzi and Speed. Doornbos because of Muermans and other sponsors, and Senna because it seems reasonable to expect to land a big brazilian sponsor with Senna in F1.

With that in mind i wonder why Bourdais is being rumoured because i cannot imagine him bringing money to the team. Maybe Bourdais management (isn't that the son of Jean Todt?) has found some sponsorship and is hoping for some backing from the ffsa (the french division of the fia), which promotes the french gp? There is no french driver in F1 anymore.