View Single Post
Old 21 Jun 2007, 16:35 (Ref:1943496)   #1
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Le Mans - Your favourite grandstand and why?

I ve been thinking about grandstand seats for our group for next year. The Last few years we have been in LaGache (Michelin), prior to that we were over the pits.

La Gache is a great spot for watching the start and the pits and you get a fair view of the big screen. There is a distant view of the ford chicane and the pit entry, but if you are too low down your view is obscured by the fencing and the crowd. The stand offers shade from the afternoon sun and good shelter from rain

The pits are really high up and give a great view of the straight but not much else You can only see the pits by hanging over the front railings and your are so high the the impression of speed is quite diminished. You use to get good access to the rear paddock and a good view of the run from the Porsche Curves to the Ford Chicane when you look over the back. They also offer little shade from the afternoon sun and can sometimes allow you to get we if there is driving rain as the roof is so high.

I am interested in what people think of the various stands and their advantages and disadvantages.

I was wondering about the stands further up the straight T12 - 16, I think. Does anyone have experienceof these, what are they like? Do you still see the big screen and can you see the Dunlop Chicane from any of them.

Your comments would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mal