View Single Post
Old 14 Jul 2007, 22:19 (Ref:1963300)   #23
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist
Even more embarassing for PTG.
Is it, though? PTG has traditionally been a team that supports a factory-backed project, so they probably don't (and shouldn't, if you will) have the resources to internally fund a program. That was the case with BMW, certainly (was it the case with the Probe GTP too?) so if they were expecting a level of factory support from Panoz it is clearly not arriving.

Was the Maxwell Paper Products branding associated with Ross Smith? Despite the name of the lead driver in that car, I didn't think Scotty brought sponsorship with him, so maybe that second car was funded by Smith and, let's face it, he drove like a bit of a hack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
Not only the same paintjob... it is the SAME car.
Not sure that sounds so great... Can it be converted in spec easily on a shared race weekend? I remember Bob using a second chassis the first year I saw him at Mosport because of an accident with his main car. I guess that was just a lease, not a 2nd chassis, or has since been sold?