View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2007, 07:09 (Ref:1968073)   #3
kartingdad
Veteran

kartingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
To limit the tyres to three per season is pretty dumb in my opinion. We completely wore out 2 brand new and 2 old tyres last weekend alone at Anglesey.

The tyres Ian ran in the Moose quite frankly were dangerous in the wet, which is why he came in and parked the car up before the end of the race. If the tyre truck had been present on the sunday, he would have had new tyres.

I would be very unhappy to be told that tyres would be limited to three sets per year. What would happen if Mr X put new tyres on and Mr y was stuck on an old set that had had loads of heat cycles put through them. It would give Mr y a performance disadvantage for that race.

What would happen if you wore your three sets out after say six meetings. Slow down for the rest of the season?

Not practical I'm afraid.

Of course I wish the tyres lasted longer, but at the end of the day, this is motor racing, and its an expensive pastime.

If you want to cut costs over a season. make the engines last longer, get the BRSCC to promote the races to the general public in order to get a slice of the gate money to enable them to reduce the entry fees. They do no advertising or promotion at all of any substance and rely on the competitors to fund everything.

Sack off half the hangers on from the brscc and MSA to make costs of running a meeting less. The 750 mc meetings have a far cheaper entry fee. Why?

I understand the reasoning behind the tyre limiting theory, but where does it stop? Does that mean limiting testing, limiting the use of newer cars as they can be faster, limiting the amount of engines, ban data loggers.

Surely we should be trying to move ff1600 forward, not backwards.