View Single Post
Old 22 Jul 2007, 17:54 (Ref:1970328)   #30
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well maybe we should take into account the thoughts of people in and related to the series!

Quote:

Jiro Kaji Bureau chief, GT Association

The Pokka 1000km is an event which can certainly promote our attitude of “Challenging the World,” and I believe
that it has a great impact in communicating this to other parts of the world.
Another aspect of the Pokka 1000km in terms of globalization is that it has a tradition of expanding its realm to
accept a variety of categories which in turn displays a potential to develop into a collaborative race event between
SUPER GT and the FIA-GT series, as a “double-title race,” by encouraging the participation of FIA-GT cars.
And from your special JLOC chums (read Lambo)

Quote:

Isao Noritake
Representative
Team JLOC

I believe that endurance races, in a way, are races that allow privateers to be equally competitive. When we were
competing in GT500, it was the Pokka 1000km where we managed to bring back our car in 3rd place, and at this
year’s Le Mans 24 hour race, we were able to do our racing despite the presence of unbeatable works teams. SUPER
GT has turned into what appears to be completely sprint race-based series, but with the Pokka 1000km being
part of the series, I think it will evolve into another form, a series that requires different elements of racing.
Indeed, it would cost teams more money if a 1000-km long race became a part of the series. But it is not like the
cost would increase many times over, and, besides, it will give us more chances as the race distance extends.
I had an opportunity to see the Spa 24 hour-race in the FIA-GT championship two weeks ago, and I think it’s not
an unrealistic idea to invite some of the cars in that championship to participate in the Pokka 1000km. Their cars
in Europe have no chance of beating the SUPER GT cars in a sprint race, but I think they would come for the
Pokka 1000km. It would be an exciting race if we had about 5 FIA-GT cars to compete with.

It would seem that the Factors of Super GT would like to see their cars being able to do some cross series racing and are already taking steps in that direction as well as bringing other GT cars to their series!

So once again we have been treated to several of your petulant xenophobic jingoist posts, as per usual, on the subject!

L.P.