Thread: Crowds
View Single Post
Old 31 Jul 2007, 15:41 (Ref:1977363)   #18
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint
There was a huge crowd at mid-Ohio for the IRL race, but let us not forget that Honda have a big car plant in Ohio, and it has been suggested that Honda gave away a lot of free tickets.
Definitely true. Honda actually has multiple facilities in the Mid Ohio area - Marysville (motorcycles and cars), Anna (engines), Russells Point (transmissions) and East Liberty (cars). They made, from all accounts, 22,000 tickets available to employees and family (up to four per family).

That might be 35-40% of the attendance, which I'm sure is going to push 50k for the Saturday and 60k for the Sunday.

I hope the folks at Alliston get a similar incentive given to them to attend Mosport for the ALMS! Not that Mosport needs the help, though.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James