View Single Post
Old 8 Aug 2007, 03:38 (Ref:1983654)   #11
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Kitson
So why the hype?
Because she's a woman competing well against men at the highest level in a male-dominated sport. Because she's good looking and charismatic. And because both those things make her interesting and marketable.

If she's such a non-entity, why do people keep starting threads about her?

To answer the initial question, I think she CAN win a race, and she could do it without others dropping out as well. She's shown this year she has the pace to run at the front consistently - and with a bit of luck she could get a win. Until he got a bit of luck at Indy this year Dario wasn't looking like much of a winner in IRL either. Danica has been steadily improving since being at AGR. Like has been pointed out, there will be plenty of chances for her to win over the next few years.

Saying she WILL win is obviously impossible. I mean, at this point it's unknown whether guys like Wheldon and Castroneves will even win again.

It's really beside the point though as she has clearly accomplished a hell of a lot as it is, and is already worthy of note.

I'm not sure why people complain about the "hype" in this way though. I don't see a lot of (or any in fact) print out there claiming she is the best driver in the series or anything. People are just interested in her, that's all. This thread is yet more proof.