View Single Post
Old 18 Aug 2007, 18:19 (Ref:1991477)   #63
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC
Tell you what. I will refrain from attacking the poster here, but let's just say that the childish comments such as: "yeah, you could do a better job of running champ car" are just an attempt to flame me or anyone else here who actually does not share your point of view.
Yeah, you made it obvious by posting my quote. But the truth is like you can do a better job? Yet now that's flaming? What I don't understand is if you wish to flame the CC leaders and just call 'em hobby racers what do you expect?

Quote:
Secondly, I do not need to justify posts that are viewed as negative by anyone here with a list of posts that would be judged as positive in order to balance it. I post here because there are opposing views. I don't post at CW, for example, because it is pretty one-sided and to be honest, a rather mean group insofar as how anyone who dares to have an opposing view is treated.
You're the one who mentions why you post here all the time John and 'cw' not tf?

Quote:
No, DRT, it is not up to CC to fix the problems of open wheel. For one, CC can't even fix their own problems. For another, what I am saying is that I don't care WHO fixes it but someone needs to. What I do resent is the assumption that just because CC is not doing the job and I say so does not mean I think that TG is "the answer." Again, making statements like that just fits in with the hurl random accusations and let him respond sort of method of discussion rather than engaging in an actual give and take on the issues.
It's very easy for you to sit on your pc chair and say Champ Car has to do this and that and take over a thread. DRT wasn't making any auctions by mentioning the irl, it's true though. the IRL is in no better state, yet you never go on and on about how irl should do this and that and pick holes at every chance. Food for thought?

Quote:
CC did a lousy job of testing the new car - if you want to discuss reliability issues vis a vis other series, then go to the appropriate fora and do so. I was not comparing CC to other series and making a better/worse comparison. When you have only 17 cars on the grid reliability is a major issue.
We weren't discussing what its like with new cars in all different championships. And don't tell me where to post. It's funny you bash CC for the car being unreliable yet this happens with every new car, oh no wait that's allowed to be said is it? Seems to me you just wish to pick a hole in any situation even if it is notable that for every new car there are problems even on first day race weekends.

Quote:
Perhaps CC should pack it in. Perhaps the IRL should. Perhaps we have reached a point in the life of open wheel that nobody really gives a rat's arse what happens as they are all off watching NASCAR. Meanwhile, let the hobby racers and TG slug it out. In the end, it looks more and more like it will be the Sound and the Fury - a lot of drama over nothing...
Let the hobby racers and TG slug it out? You make out that they are at war with each other. And to discuss over and over one series is going to die just gets boring. Champ Car is a racing series, oh no wait we can't enjoy it can we..