View Single Post
Old 27 Aug 2007, 04:39 (Ref:1997199)   #100
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauer 962
The BK Mazda is named B07/4X, but in fact it´s a B05/4X. This is what the chassis number plate shows. In entry lists you can name your car almost however you want, entry list are not very reliable with this.

So the LMP2 Lola HU01 - HU09 are all B05/4X. B07/4X or B06/4X is just marketing.
I do not think that to be correct! Unless I have misunderstood the e-mail I have from Lola on the subject.

Quote:
Thank you for your enquiry to Lola Cars.

The model designation is made up as follows; The 'B' is to indicate the car is built by Lola during the ownership of Martin Birrane, the company's Executive Chairman.

The founder and original owner of the Company was Eric Broadley who sold his interest to Mr. Birrane during 1997. During Broadley's era cars were prefixed 'T' simply referring to 'type'

The next pair of numbers indicate the year of construction. The final pair are the model number of the car signifying the class of racing built for.
A n example is;
B2K.40. A car built during year 2000 for Le Mans Prototype class 2 racing. B06.30 is a 2006 car for the Formula Three Championship. B07.90 is this years Sports 2000 car.

Kind regards, Glyn Jones.
L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 27 Aug 2007 at 04:42.