View Single Post
Old 27 Aug 2007, 17:54 (Ref:1997773)   #72
HCForums
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
HCForums should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great weekend! For 30 Euro's we got see a lot of action. Champ Car, F1, GP2, World Series, IRL, BRL, GT3 and even a jet dryer made it very exciting too watch.

With one grandstand cancelled there were some doubts about the weekend. But in the end the crowd came to Zolder. Some grandstands (first turn and back straight for example) were still empty but the rest of them were packed. Especially the last turn grandstands were real neat, great on track action and two videowalls. But I do have to mention something negative. The paddock was closed for general tickets, which most people had. So you could not enter the track at the entry after the Bianchi turn but had to walk to the Kleine Chicane to enter the track. Then if you wanted to go to Eerste Linkse you had to go to the backstraight, cross the tunnel and exit the circuit. Then at Ickx you had to enter the grandstand area and you were told to walk through it immediately. You left the circuit again and then entered it once more, after that you could walk to that particular turn. This of course made it impossible to watch one race at the first part of the track and the next one in the forest part. But I'm sure they will work that out for next year.

Zolder did an awesome job and it was a race weekend never to forget. Bernie, if you're reading, try to beat that at Spa. I still remember the last time I went there. One lousy Mini race followed by a short Porsche race, then waiting more than 3 hours for a race that doesn't take longer than 1 hour and 30 minutes.

The BRL started off with a bang, sadly that meant the first race was ran behind the SC for the most part. Luckily the second race made up for this, proving us with some of the best action of the day. ADAC GT3 was a bit too long IMO, some more cars would not have hurt this series.

CCWS isn't a World Series, it's an American series. The horrible anthem, flyover and buzz in the pits already got me pumped up for the race. They know how to put up a show. When the first SC came out I of course watched the pitstops and I don't think I've ever seen anything more exciting at a circuit. The full field coming in, the pit limiter on, very short stops and then smoking the tyres on exit, going two wide, battling till pit exit. It was a great race and I enjoyed it very much. Bourdais made the crowd go wild when he decided to step onto the bridge on S/F straight. The Belgian crowd couldn't stop applauding everytime Sebastien put up his trophy and wearing a different sponsor cap. I went back to my seat but I wonder if the crowd was still yelling when he put on his 50th different sponsor cap.