View Single Post
Old 6 Sep 2007, 15:53 (Ref:2005334)   #13
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
2x Dyson Spyder's
2x Penske Spyder's
2x AGR Acura's
2x Highcroft Acura's
2x Fernandez Acura's
1x B-K Motorsports Lola
1x Van der Steur Radical
2x CET Solaroli .......... Spyder's
1x Velocity Creation
1x Spyder for Kelleners ..... cant remember who the team was though ?

Did I forget anybody ?

Thats a possible 16 in LMP2 !!! WOW Thats more than 1/2 of the 2007 field
Whoa, let's not get carried away here. Nothing definitive on the Acura's, and I certainly wouldn't project 2 each. Maybe four total, but it would surprise me to see more. Drop CET, and I would drop Velocity. It wouldn't surprise me to see an addition Lola Mazda in the mix, but that is highly speculative at this point, and my suggestion isn't with B-K, but someone new and currently unknown.

I would guess that you could drop PTG Panoz for 08', though I don't know if PTG would field something else, or go away for now.

In addition, the participation of Corvette Racing is contingent upon having credible competition. At this point, that is speculative at best. I think we'll lose them next year.

For the GT2 field, I expect the addition of a Porsche to the field, as well as three to six Vipers. Hopefully someone finds a way to make the Vipers quicker over the offseason, as they only appear to be moving pylons so far.

Gigliotti continues to make noise about a GT2 Vette project, and some have gone so far to say that a GT2 Vette has tested in North America. Again, until such a project is fully funded, be cautious on assuming they will come to fruition.

Then there is the Doran/Kuttner Ford GT project. The car has been homologated, and will be/has been testing soon. Full season/part season/reality... who knows...

I'll also go out on a limb and predict a new LMP1 team, two cars. Again, nothing behind this, but I have a funny feeling it could happen.

Last edited by Fogelhund; 6 Sep 2007 at 15:55.