Thread: "New" Adverts
View Single Post
Old 11 Sep 2007, 10:04 (Ref:2009187)   #4
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
I've noticed a new advertisement that seems to be causing quite a problem. It's happened twice tonight whenever I access this forum.

This add seems to take control of Mozilla Firefox and change the size of my window so that it is a tiny square on the bottom right of the screen. Then a Windows message shows up asking me to install some program. After hitting cancel, my window returns and this forum is redirected to a page which is meant to appear as a Microsoft scan, once again attempting to get me to install stuff.

I'm not sure what banner ad is causing it, since when I back away from this ad to the forum, I get a different set of banners.
That's strange, I'll keep an eye out for this as obviously this isn't acceptable behaviour from our third party advertisers. If you get it again can you find out the name of the program it's trying to install.