View Single Post
Old 24 Sep 2007, 18:17 (Ref:2021948)   #65
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clear? um No. Diesel in the US is GREEN like Mountain Dew soda. Color additive to assure highway tax is paid. OFF ROAD ( non taxed) or farm diesel is RED, color additive to assure it is not home made bio-diesel.

You have clear or red diesel in your diesel powered road vehicles and you get stopped for a fuel check as Jacky Gleason said in Smokey and the Bandit, "Boy, you in a heap of trouble." ( truck stops and wt stations are places that DMV police check trucks and fuel)

Back on topic, I thought the two diesels, Shells race fuel was much different then normal highway diesel.

Quote:
Considering the importance of the change in diesel, I find it astounding how little attention has been paid. It's not just a question of switching from gasoline to another product from a barrel of petroleum, but rather to a combination of natural gas and coal. Even if there is no increase in diesels on the road, the implication of eliminating the current consumption of diesel from the petroleum-refining product chain is immense, in my opinion.
We have been down that road before, and dont want to go there of where or how much petroleum reserves are available or not available. Nor the amount of coal reserves.

Diesel powered race cars are more of the current political and ecological climet then actual produce more power then petrol.