View Single Post
Old 28 Sep 2007, 17:43 (Ref:2025295)   #88
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The combination of a 3% gain in restrictor area (-> 3% gain in power) and reduction of weight of the car gets the gasoline cars pretty close to last year's configuration that Dyson ran, from a power-to-weight ratio perspective. They ran the ACO mandated restrictors but at 860 kg - this would be equivalent to running at near 875 kg. (For reference, Petit Le Mans P1 cars will run at 880 kg, so we'll see an equivalent test of the theory next weekend.)

I do think, however, that the Audis will be in the 915 kg range next year, negating some of the advantage set out in these new rules.

I also don't disagree with the ACO's P2 weight addition, from a Le Mans perspective. I think IMSA should implement the rule in 2009, though.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James