View Single Post
Old 5 Oct 2007, 10:12 (Ref:2031789)   #6
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Robin Millers take

http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/40740/

Quote:
“The IRL has always paid good prize money, so I don’t know that this new deal is hugely different,” said Coyne, referring to the fact the IRL is doing away with regular race purses except for Indy. “It might be a little more even distribution to help the smaller teams, and I think the IRL is making good PR hay out of it but, for me, it doesn’t tip the scale at all. It’s more expensive to run in the IRL and a team like ours has no chance to run up front.”

Quote:
“We used to get $12 million from Bernie (Ecclestone) in television money and that’s what we’ve got to do in North America, figure out a way to get that kind of support,” said Stoddart from his London home. “I know until we have a united series that maybe it’s hard to keep people interested, and our TV ratings are suffering, but the bang for the buck you get in Champ Car is unprecedented in terms of coverage for a sponsor for what they have to pay.”
Quote:
“I’ll be interested when our schedule comes out if we have an opening in May because that could be a possibility,” said Bachelart, who has competed at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway as a driver and owner.

“Running Indy is our best chance to find a sponsor.”